Thursday, December 27, 2007

Walking with Dinosaurs

We just got back from Walking with Dinosaurs: The Live Experience. It's a cool show about dinosaurs that showcases life-sized animatronic dinosaurs. It's about as close as we'll get to seeing real dinosaurs. The dinos were very detailed, and their movement was really fluid - not robotic at all. Even their eyes moved! And they roared! In fact, the ushers were handing out ear plugs because some of the dinos are really quite loud. Our favorites: brachiosaurus and utahraptors.

There were lots of kids in the audience, including one little boy in front of us who proclaimed, "I want to be a dinosaur!" at intermission. It's a family-friendly show, although I wonder if some of the younger kids might have nightmares about the big, scary dinos. As we were walking back to the car, Greg turns to me and says, "See, I'd say something like 'Be careful. I hear that the dinosaurs sometimes escape at night when everyone's sleeping.' to our kid." I replied, "That's mean! You're not allowed to talk to our kids after things like this." When I shared Greg's comments with our friends, one of them just shook her head at Greg. I'm sure she was thinking, "Poor Cheryl."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think as time goes on, all your friends will be saying the "family chant?" (Poor Cheryl!)