Sunday, May 18, 2008

An Unexpected Guest

As we were standing in the dining nook drinking water, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Something long and flat just scurried across the kitchen counter, underneath the knife block. Hmm...that's not right. I take another look. And sure enough, I see a lizard head sticking out of from underneath one side of the knife block and it's tail sticking out the other. How did that get into our kitchen?!

"Um, Greg, I think there's a lizard on the counter."

"Huh? Where?"

"Over there. Underneath the knife block. See, there's the head."

"Oh. I see."

As Greg tried to move the knife block, it scurried under the toaster oven.

Greg calmly says, "Wow, that's a big one."

It had to be *at least* 8 inches from head to tail.
Riiiight...I'm trying to stay calm and am wondering how the heck it got into our kitchen.

Greg starts looking for a container to trap it in, so we can let if go outside. As he's searching he says, "Hmm...we need a bigger container. It's pretty big."

Uh...okay. I'm going to get my camera, stay calm and let him trap this thing so we can let it go in the front yard and hope that it doesn't come back. Here's a not-so-good picture:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Greg was pretty calm. What would've happened if it was a spider?