Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

I am being sold. Well, actually the group I work for at Motorola is being sold. It's kind of a strange feeling being sold. This whole acquisition experience makes me wonder what it would be like to be a woman living in a country where arranged marriages are the norm and the size of your dowry is what really matters.

I have very mixed feelings about this acquisition. On the one hand, it will be nice to get away from big company bureaucracy and process (or lack thereof). Hopefully, we'll be more nimble and responsive. On the other hand, as a smaller, private company I'm a bit concerned about what resources we will and won't have. Either way, I'm going to keep an open mind about what might happen going forward, focus on what I can do, not worry about things I have no control over and just be happy that I am employed.

No comments: