Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How Much is That Puppy in the Window?

A few weeks a ago, Greg's parents found a black lab and her pup wandering the streets. They didn't have collars and weren't chipped. So, Mom Tai called Greg because we have a couple of friends who rescue and foster puppies.

This past weekend, we drove up to Greg's parents house to pick up momma and her pup. Momma is a really sweet dog. She rolled over right away when Greg greeted her. She likes to jump up when she's excited, but was a quick to learn that's not okay to jump on people. She wasn't food motivated, but loves attention and seems eager to please. Momma walked well on leash and did really well on the car ride back to Grace's place.

The pup is huge and really cute! He's got the biggest paws and if those are any indication, he's gonna be a big dog. I know he's part lab, but his poppa was probably a BIG dog. Looking at his paws made me realize how dainty Tachi's paws are. (Sorry, Greg.) He's got tons of puppy energy and is a bit mouthy. When I was playing with him, he bit me (accidentally). Of course, I screamed, "Ouch!" when he bit me. After I corrected him, I checked my thigh and the little bugger broke skin! He didn't bite me that hard, but his puppy teeth are pretty sharp.

The pup had never met a leash before we took him for a walk around the block. It was hilarious watching/listening to him walk on a leash. He started out trying to eat the leash, which is bad. And then he did the "I'm just gonna park my bottom right here and make you drag me." After that he did the "Fine. I'm gonna run ahead of you and then yelp at the top of my lungs when I reach the end of the leash and get tugged backwards."

Both momma and pup are being fostered now - in separate foster homes. I hope they find good homes and a families that will love them. Check out their adoption pages: Momma (Mikasa) and Pup (Molten).

2 comments:

ricecake said...

looks like both mikasa and molten have been adopted! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Thanks for everyone's help.