Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So, what day do you want to have your baby?

So, we went back to the OB today.  Based on today's ultrasound, Baby Tai's estimated weight is 9lbs 3oz and his abdomen is still larger than his head.  My OB said that even though he's over 9 lbs, technically I could still try labor and deliver vaginally.  Her main concern is the potential complications if his shoulders don't fitting through my pelvis during delivery.  Apparently his abdomen measurement is an estimate for his shoulders as well.  After some discussion, we opted for a C-section as the best option for baby and mom.  

The next question from my OB, "So, what day do you want to have your baby?"  Uh...hmm...I never thought about it.  I figured he'd pick the date when he was ready to come into this world.  Guess we're going to do that now.  So, we picked tomorrow, March 24 in the morning.  Exciting!

No comments: