Monday, March 1, 2010

We're in the home stretch!

We're officially in month 9!  Only a few more weeks before we finally get to meet Baby Boy Tai.  I can't wait!  Sometimes a month seems like a long time.  And sometimes a month doesn't seem that long at all.  What I've heard is that this last month is the most uncomfortable of them all.  I'm beginning to understand why.

I'm tired because I can't really get a good night's sleep.  It's hard to get comfortable.  Either my hips start to ache after a few hours of sleeping on one side and I have to switch sides, which isn't that easy these days.  Or I have acid reflux and have to sleep upright, propped up on as many pillows as I can find.  Or I have to get up to go pee every couple of hours.  I guess these sleepless nights are good practice for Baby Boy Tai finally arrives.

I get winded walking/waddling short distances or climbing a flight of stairs.  I'm sure it's because Baby Boy Tai and my uterus are pushing up on my internal organs, including my lungs and rib cage.  We're running out of room in there!  Sometimes when he kicks me in the ribs, it really hurts.  But that's not as bad as when he punches me in the bladder.

I can't eat very much in one sitting.  There's just not enough room for my stomach, which has migrated up to my sternum.  And did I mention the acid reflux and heartburn?  Yeah...that's fun too.

But all of this is will be worth it, when I finally get to meet my baby boy.

No comments: