Monday, February 11, 2008

All by Myself...

I'm sitting in my hotel room watching TV, but there's really nothing good on right now. I'm actually quite bored, but there's nothing to do out here in Schaumberg. And if there was, it's too freakin cold to go out. I think the high today was 10 degrees. I could drive to downtown Chicago, which is about an hours drive. But I have no one to hang out with downtown, and the idea of bar hopping by myself is really not appealing.

While I am traveling with co-workers, they're not interested in going downtown. I had to talk them into to going out to dinner. And they didn't even want to go to a nice dinner. They filled up on the finger food during the social and networking time after our meeting. It's a real bummer because there are some really good restaurants in Chicago...Mortons, Charlie Trotters, Gibsons Steak House, Chicago Chop House, and Hugo's Frog Bar. Granted they're mostly steak houses, and I don't usually steak...but I'd make an exception for these places. The last time I was in Chicago for business, I ate at Hugo's Frog Bar by myself. And it was a GOOD meal. Instead we ate at the Cheesecake Factory in the mall by the Motorola campus.

If my brother and sister-in-law still lived in Chicago, I would drive downtown and hang out with them. But they don't live here anymore. So, I'm stuck...in my hotel room...bored...all by my lonesome...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! :( Hope you're coming home soon.