Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kooza

Friday night we went to Kooza, the newest Cirque du Soleil show, in downtown San Jose. Greg is a big fan of the Cirque shows and tries to them when they're touring in San Jose. I'm not as big a fan, but think that the shows *can be* pretty interesting. I really enjoyed O, but felt that Corteo and Quidam were not as entertaining.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Kooza. As we were driving to the show, I looked at Greg and said, "If I fall asleep during the show, will you be upset?" Greg made a face and said, "Yes." Hmm...I made a mental note: be sure to caffinate before any Cirque shows. I wasn't sure I'd have time to get a Diet Coke or even if they'd let me bring it into the tent. I was seriously hoping Kooza would be entertaining for me.

And it was! I really enjoyed the clowns and the comic relief between the acrobatics. My favorite acrobatic acts were the Wheel of Death and Balancing on Chairs. The other acrobatic acts were good too, but these two really stood out for me. I think it's because I hadn't seen acts like this before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an instant gag reflex reaction to Cirque shows now. =P