Friday, January 4, 2008

Stormy Weather

Ugh, the weather is horrible. It makes me just want to curl up in bed, drink hot tea and read a book or watch a movie. Even though my commute to work is less than 5 miles, I seriously thought about working from home today. But for some reason, I decided to brave the wind and rain and head into the office. The drive was okay. The worst thing I experienced were the pools of water by the side of the road.

So, I made it safely to work and managed to do some real work for a few hours. At about 11:10 AM, the fire alarm goes off. Seriously? A fire? In this weather? You have to be kidding, me. Luckily, I decided to grab my car keys. So a couple of my co-workers and I sat in my car until it was okay to go back in the building. We debated going to get dim sum for lunch or going to Starbucks for coffee. But I just wanted to grab the rest of my stuff, go home for lunch, work from home and go to the gym later in the afternoon.

None of the above happened. Instead, I ate lunch at my desk and stayed in the office for the rest of the afternoon. Thank goodness it's Friday.

No comments: